Directions is seeking a strategic-minded, high-impact individual to join our growing Tech team as an Account Executive, Client Service. In this role, you will be responsible for selling and growing client relationships by understanding client research objectives, applying appropriate methodologies to address them, and utilizing your strong client service skillset to deliver the results.
Directions offers a Work from Anywhere environment so working remotely and/or from the office is an option.
- Growing and maintaining client relationships via consultation
- A combination of independent and in partnership with the Tech Industry lead, and other AEs
- Applying effective sales and sales management techniques to win business
- Identifying client needs and designing research to meet those needs effectively
- Determining pricing for individual client projects, and projecting account-level sales forecasts
- Creating and presenting proposals and sales/marketing decks
- Uncovering new leads via prospecting efforts
- Applying effective client management and communication skills, which include:
- Managing expectations
- Adopting a marketing/business orientation (vs. research orientation)
- Effectively communicate/present results
- Identifying incremental opportunities to expand Directions' business with clients
The best person for this position will be able to design, sell, and oversee the execution of insights. They will be able to consult independently and find great value in team selling with other account executives and our advanced business intelligence team.
- Approximately seven to ten years of experience in the research and insights industry is preferred
- An advanced degree in marketing research may qualify toward the required experience
- Collaborative, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills
- Proactive business development mindset
- Ability to travel to meet client needs
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format to move their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today's business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm's work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO, including disability/vets.