The goal of this full-time, paid internship will be to expand your overall knowledge of marketing research and the career paths that the industry has to offer. You will learn the importance of critical thinking skills, working as a team and a passion for the industry. We are looking for students who are fast learners, intellectually curious and have a very good attention to detail. Your role would be assisting with project management, field work and analysis.
In project management, you will get exposure to forecasting project timelines, budgets, and the initial development of the survey. In field work, you will monitor field progress and assess data quality. In analytics, you will be involved in the development of the research analysis and the production of a visually stimulating report for the client.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Learning about and leading the survey research process to evaluate new and existing research partners
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work with a variety of industries and a diverse set of clients
- Conduct accuracy checks throughout the research study life cycle to ensure accuracy and to avoid errors (interviewing scripts, data verification, cross-tabs, client-ready deliverables, etc.)
- Assist in the development of reports, spreadsheets and client deliverables
- Gain experience with data manipulation/analysis
- Provide administrative support to the team
Skills you need to be a successful Intern include, but are not limited to:
- High degree of initiative and internal motivation
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner in both written and verbal formats
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of basic statistics and data analysis
- Working toward a college degree
- Must be graduating within the next 1-2 years
The internship is designed to last one semester, with the potential for multiple consecutive internships that could potentially lead to full-time employment. Directions offers a Work from Anywhere environment so working remotely and/or from the office is an option.
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format to move their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today's business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm's work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO, including disability/vets.