Directions is expanding our team and is seeking a strategic-minded Account Manager with aspirations of a career focused in client service. Account Managers initially have a hybrid analytical/client service role that provides the opportunity and experience to advance in their client service career. 3-5 years analytic experience required; client service responsibilities a plus. Experience in CPG, restaurant and "restricted/regulated" categories such as alcohol and tobacco a plus.
The responsibilities could include any of the following scenarios:
Client Service Responsibilities:
- Assist Account Executive with management of the client relationships and business development activities
- Assist Account Executive with the delivery of research design and proposals to meet client needs
- Seamlessly step in for the Account Executive(s) when they are traveling/out of office, etc.
- Be the primary client contact on smaller accounts, with direction from a senior client service member
- Create analyses of results – developing insights that clients will use to move their business forward
- Provide reports that effectively communicate key insights and strategic recommendations that are clear, creative, and compelling
- Design and develop deliverables using data visualization which are highly actionable and meaningful
Over time, the Account Manager's focus will shift from mostly analytical to mostly client service. An Account Manager will be expected to gradually handle a wider variety of client service tasks more autonomously, with the goal of progressing into an Account Executive. The Account Manager will receive opportunities to learn and become proficient in the following areas:
- Design research to effectively meet client objectives
Learn effective client management and communication skills which include:
- Managing expectations
- Adopting a marketing/business orientation (vs. research orientation)
- Effectively communicate/present results
- Identifying opportunities to expand Directions’ business with clients
- Project pricing and sales forecasting
- Apply effective prospecting techniques to win business
- Create and present sales/marketing decks
- Prospect and convert new client development
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format moving their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today’s business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm’s work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including disability/vets